Altos Ventures participation confirmedMay 18, 2011 at 4:20 pm | Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment
Tags: Accelorators, Angel Investors, Incubators, Innovation, Network Analysis, Ontario, Research, Social Media, Startups, Technology, VC
OCTIE welcomes the participation of Altos Ventures.
Altos Ventures is a first-stage venture capital firm formed in 1996 and has been the first and lead investor in over 50 high-growth technology companies. Nearly a quarter of these companies were incubated and started from scratch. They manage funds totaling more than $300 million and their current fund, Altos Ventures IV, closed in 2008.
They take pride in their reputation as an investor willing to take the time and effort required to work with early stage companies. They have helped entrepreneurs build companies from inception to profitability and exit. To date, more than a dozen of their portfolio companies have completed IPOs or have been sold to public companies. Their active portfolio companies now generate more than a billion dollars of annual revenue and employ thousands of people across a dozen countries.
Brendon Kim – General Partner
Han J Kim – General Partner
Anthony Lee – General Partner
Holdong (Ho) Nam – General Partner
Alan Beringsmith – CFO
Jae Hyun – Chairman, Tong Yang Group
Hau Lee – Thoma Professor of Operations, Information and Technology at Stanford University
Kisub Lee – CEO at GCT Semiconductor
John Lillie – Director at Altos Company
Larry Lowry – Advisory Board Member
Jack McDonald – Professor in the Graduate School of Business at Stanford University
Mark McLaughlin – President and CEO at Verisign
Mark Tanoury – Partner in Cooley Godward Kronish’s Business Department
Seungjin Whang – Professor of Operations, Information and Technology at Stanford University
Peter Caswell – Executive in Residence
Leave a Comment »
Ontario Cross-border Technology Innovation Ecosystem Study
Are you a Founder, Advisor, Investor or Service Provider?
The study will help you understand how your network can better be utilized and grown to result in start-up funding success.
If you are or have advised, founded, consulted, invested in or provided a service to atleast one Ontario based technology/media start-up over the last five years, please fill out and share our survey: http://bit.ly/pQENCd.
A copy of the final report will be sent to you.
- Canada’s VC Blueprint: Review in Global Context with Olav Sorenson, Yale School of Management
- Coral CEA and the Digital Media Zone build on an ecosystem to expand Ontario’s software capabilities
- PricewaterhouseCoopers participation confirmed
- GrandBanks Capital participation confirmed
- FreshBooks participation confirmed
- RT @AlexOverwijk: Interested in spiralling your math course -join me and @MrSoclassroom tonight teachontario.ca/events/1417 #teachontario #tvo… 5 days ago
- RT @markrmcqueen: .@Shopify is trading above C$95, less than two years after its US$17/share #IPO. #Ottawa 1 week ago
- RT @gfearnall: Great momentum for @WaveHQ as they continue to simplify accounting for small business #BDCfintech. Valued partner of @OnDec… 2 weeks ago
- RT @PoolPartners: Join us on May 30-31 at the Deep Technology Exchange, connecting #cdntech to Chinese growth capital https://t.co/s1QvhIkN… 3 weeks ago
- RT @cdlingHQ: @N_Clermont @stephanecardin twitter.com/GuidoKerkhof/s… 4 weeks ago