NACO participation confirmedMay 21, 2011 at 12:40 am | Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment
Tags: Accelorators, Angel Investors, Incubators, Innovation, Network Analysis, Ontario, Research, Social Media, Startups, Technology, VC
OCTIE welcomes the participation of the National Angel Capital Organization.
The National Angel Capital Organization (NACO) is the industry association representing Canadian Angel capital.
They promote a vibrant Angel community and culture in Canada through the development of formal Angel investor groups, best practices education and mentoring programs, and the formation of collaboration and co-investment mechanisms to encourage an efficient risk capital market in Canada.
Their mission is to increase the quantity, quality, and success of Angel investments in Canada, thus creating a greater pool of capital for innovative start-up companies.
- Is not-for-profit and makes no investments
- Advocates best practices for Angels
- Encourages and develops local Angel groups
- Provides networking opportunities among Angels
- Provides a collective voice for Angels
Bryan Watson, Executive Director
Paul Connor, Communications Manager
Andre Wilkes, Co-chair
Michelle Scarborough, Co-chair
Lanis Anthony, Vice-chair
Ross Finlay, Vice-chair
Ed Alfke, Director
Ian Bandeen, Director
Bob Chaworth-Musters, Director
Patricia Lorenz, Director
Brian Lowe, Director
Matey Nedkov, Director
David Parmenter, Director
David Rozen, Director
Louis Saint-Jacques, Director
Randy Thompson, Director
Leave a Comment »
Ontario Cross-border Technology Innovation Ecosystem Study
Are you a Founder, Advisor, Investor or Service Provider?
The study will help you understand how your network can better be utilized and grown to result in start-up funding success.
If you are or have advised, founded, consulted, invested in or provided a service to atleast one Ontario based technology/media start-up over the last five years, please fill out and share our survey: http://bit.ly/pQENCd.
A copy of the final report will be sent to you.
- Canada’s VC Blueprint: Review in Global Context with Olav Sorenson, Yale School of Management
- Coral CEA and the Digital Media Zone build on an ecosystem to expand Ontario’s software capabilities
- PricewaterhouseCoopers participation confirmed
- GrandBanks Capital participation confirmed
- FreshBooks participation confirmed
- RT @AlexOverwijk: Interested in spiralling your math course -join me and @MrSoclassroom tonight teachontario.ca/events/1417 #teachontario #tvo… 5 days ago
- RT @markrmcqueen: .@Shopify is trading above C$95, less than two years after its US$17/share #IPO. #Ottawa 1 week ago
- RT @gfearnall: Great momentum for @WaveHQ as they continue to simplify accounting for small business #BDCfintech. Valued partner of @OnDec… 2 weeks ago
- RT @PoolPartners: Join us on May 30-31 at the Deep Technology Exchange, connecting #cdntech to Chinese growth capital https://t.co/s1QvhIkN… 3 weeks ago
- RT @cdlingHQ: @N_Clermont @stephanecardin twitter.com/GuidoKerkhof/s… 4 weeks ago