Howard Lindzon participation confirmedJune 7, 2011 at 12:39 am | Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment
Tags: Accelorators, Angel Investors, Incubators, Innovation, Network Analysis, Ontario, Research, Social Media, Startups, Technology, VC
OCTIE welcomes the participation of Howard Lindzon.
Toronto born, Howard Lindzon is co-founder and CEO of StockTwits® – a social network for traders and investors to share real-time ideas and information. StockTwits was recently named “one of the top 10 most innovative companies in web” by FastCompany and one of the “50 best websites” by Time magazine.
Mr. Lindzon has more than twenty years experience in the financial community acting in both an entrepreneurial and investing capacity. With a unique vision for starting and successfully managing innovative companies, he is the Managing Partner of Social Leverage, a holding company that invests in early stage web businesses. Howard continues to manage a hedge fund he started in 1998.
He created Wallstrip, and more than 400 original web video shows, which was purchased by CBS Corp. in 2007. He is an active angel with many success angel investments including: Rent.com, (purchased by Ebay in 2005 for $415 million), Golfnow.com (purchased by Comcast in June 2008), and Lifelock (lead investors include Bessemer Venture Partners and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers). Mr. Lindzon’s new media and internet business investments also include: Limos.com, Blogtalkradio.com, Buddy Media, Ticketfly, Assistly, Bit.ly and Tweetdeck.
Mr. Lindzon received an MBA at Arizona State University and an MIM from The American Graduate School of International Management.
Howard is the guest speaker at this week’s DemoCamp being hosted by StartUpNorth on Thursday, June 9th at the Ted Rogers School of Management, a place near and dear to our team!
Over 350 local innovators have registered for the event. Feel free to sign up here.
Leave a Comment »
Ontario Cross-border Technology Innovation Ecosystem Study
Are you a Founder, Advisor, Investor or Service Provider?
The study will help you understand how your network can better be utilized and grown to result in start-up funding success.
If you are or have advised, founded, consulted, invested in or provided a service to atleast one Ontario based technology/media start-up over the last five years, please fill out and share our survey: http://bit.ly/pQENCd.
A copy of the final report will be sent to you.
- Canada’s VC Blueprint: Review in Global Context with Olav Sorenson, Yale School of Management
- Coral CEA and the Digital Media Zone build on an ecosystem to expand Ontario’s software capabilities
- PricewaterhouseCoopers participation confirmed
- GrandBanks Capital participation confirmed
- FreshBooks participation confirmed
- RT @AlexOverwijk: Interested in spiralling your math course -join me and @MrSoclassroom tonight teachontario.ca/events/1417 #teachontario #tvo… 5 days ago
- RT @markrmcqueen: .@Shopify is trading above C$95, less than two years after its US$17/share #IPO. #Ottawa 1 week ago
- RT @gfearnall: Great momentum for @WaveHQ as they continue to simplify accounting for small business #BDCfintech. Valued partner of @OnDec… 2 weeks ago
- RT @PoolPartners: Join us on May 30-31 at the Deep Technology Exchange, connecting #cdntech to Chinese growth capital https://t.co/s1QvhIkN… 3 weeks ago
- RT @cdlingHQ: @N_Clermont @stephanecardin twitter.com/GuidoKerkhof/s… 4 weeks ago