VeloCity participation confirmedJuly 18, 2011 at 3:40 pm | Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment
Tags: Accelorators, Angel Investors, Incubators, Innovation, Network Analysis, Ontario, Research, Social Media, Startups, Technology, VC
OCTIE welcomes the participation of VeloCity.
Surrounded by some of Canada’s most talented high tech entrepreneurs, VeloCity offers students an intense environment to explore their ideas and launch them to the marketplace. VeloCity’s residence provides University of Waterloo students a unique chance to build a network of entrepreneurial support and develop fresh ideas. In their workspace they offer a work environment where talented entrepreneurs are placed in the middle of the Waterloo Region’s entrepreneur Hub to accelerate their ideas into successful companies.
VeloCity Residence is located in the Minota Hagey residence on the main campus at the University of Waterloo. In addition to 72 single residence rooms, the residence is equipped with a conference room, device lab, and large collaboration space. The VeloCity workspace is for up to 10 early stage (pre-funding or revenue) companies founded by University of Waterloo Alumni and is located in the Communitech Hub in downtown Kitchener, Ontario. The workspace provides desk space, access to all the resources offered at the Hub for clients, and earlier stage access to the services offered by the Accelerator Centre.
The VeloCity team includes:
Jesse Rodgers, Director of Student Innovation and VeloCity
Laura McQuinn, Manager of Business Development
Vienna Iafrate, Recruitment
Emily Barnes, Community Manager
Leave a Comment »
Ontario Cross-border Technology Innovation Ecosystem Study
Are you a Founder, Advisor, Investor or Service Provider?
The study will help you understand how your network can better be utilized and grown to result in start-up funding success.
If you are or have advised, founded, consulted, invested in or provided a service to atleast one Ontario based technology/media start-up over the last five years, please fill out and share our survey: http://bit.ly/pQENCd.
A copy of the final report will be sent to you.
- Canada’s VC Blueprint: Review in Global Context with Olav Sorenson, Yale School of Management
- Coral CEA and the Digital Media Zone build on an ecosystem to expand Ontario’s software capabilities
- PricewaterhouseCoopers participation confirmed
- GrandBanks Capital participation confirmed
- FreshBooks participation confirmed
- RT @AlexOverwijk: Interested in spiralling your math course -join me and @MrSoclassroom tonight teachontario.ca/events/1417 #teachontario #tvo… 5 days ago
- RT @markrmcqueen: .@Shopify is trading above C$95, less than two years after its US$17/share #IPO. #Ottawa 1 week ago
- RT @gfearnall: Great momentum for @WaveHQ as they continue to simplify accounting for small business #BDCfintech. Valued partner of @OnDec… 2 weeks ago
- RT @PoolPartners: Join us on May 30-31 at the Deep Technology Exchange, connecting #cdntech to Chinese growth capital https://t.co/s1QvhIkN… 3 weeks ago
- RT @cdlingHQ: @N_Clermont @stephanecardin twitter.com/GuidoKerkhof/s… 4 weeks ago