CanRock Ventures participation confirmedJuly 26, 2011 at 3:58 pm | Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment
Tags: Accelorators, Angel Investors, Incubators, Innovation, Network Analysis, Ontario, Research, Social Media, Startups, Technology, VC
OCTIE welcomes the participation of CanRock Ventures.
Canrock Ventures is an early stage technology venture capital fund. They focus on turning good technology ideas into great technology businesses. Canrock was founded in 2010 by Jim Estill, Mark Fasciano and Ted Smith.
Jim Estill founded EMJ Data in 1979 and grew the company to $350,000,000 in sales. Jim sold EMJ to SYNNEX in September 2004 and became CEO of SYNNEX Canada growing sales from $800,000,000 to $2 Billion in May 2009. Jim was one of the founding board members of RIM where he served for 13 years.
Mark Fasciano has 14 years of technology startup experience, and is a serial entrepreneur. In 1996 he co-founded FatWire Software and helped grow the company to become a leading Web Content Management software provider, doing $40,000,000 in sales. Mark is currently the CEO of Karma411.com and Chairman of General Sentiment.
Ted Smith has been Chairman and CEO of John Hassall, Inc., a privately held manufacturer of cold formed rivets, since 2004. From 1997 to 2004, Ted served as president of John Hassall and prior to that he served in various positions in manufacturing and sales for John Hassall, Inc. Ted currently is a board member of Global Telecom & Technology.
Leave a Comment »
Ontario Cross-border Technology Innovation Ecosystem Study
Are you a Founder, Advisor, Investor or Service Provider?
The study will help you understand how your network can better be utilized and grown to result in start-up funding success.
If you are or have advised, founded, consulted, invested in or provided a service to atleast one Ontario based technology/media start-up over the last five years, please fill out and share our survey: http://bit.ly/pQENCd.
A copy of the final report will be sent to you.
- Canada’s VC Blueprint: Review in Global Context with Olav Sorenson, Yale School of Management
- Coral CEA and the Digital Media Zone build on an ecosystem to expand Ontario’s software capabilities
- PricewaterhouseCoopers participation confirmed
- GrandBanks Capital participation confirmed
- FreshBooks participation confirmed
- RT @AlexOverwijk: Interested in spiralling your math course -join me and @MrSoclassroom tonight teachontario.ca/events/1417 #teachontario #tvo… 5 days ago
- RT @markrmcqueen: .@Shopify is trading above C$95, less than two years after its US$17/share #IPO. #Ottawa 1 week ago
- RT @gfearnall: Great momentum for @WaveHQ as they continue to simplify accounting for small business #BDCfintech. Valued partner of @OnDec… 2 weeks ago
- RT @PoolPartners: Join us on May 30-31 at the Deep Technology Exchange, connecting #cdntech to Chinese growth capital https://t.co/s1QvhIkN… 3 weeks ago
- RT @cdlingHQ: @N_Clermont @stephanecardin twitter.com/GuidoKerkhof/s… 4 weeks ago