Startup Canada Campaign participation confirmedAugust 9, 2011 at 5:31 pm | Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment
Tags: Accelorators, Angel Investors, Incubators, Innovation, Network Analysis, Ontario, Research, Social Media, Startups, Technology, VC
OCTIE welcomes the participation of the Startup Canada Campaign.
The Startup Canada Campaign is an entrepreneur-led, grassroots initiative to celebrate, inspire and accelerate enterprise in Canada through:
- Bringing together and leveraging the capacities of the Canadian enterprise support community;
- Catalyzing a national mainstream media campaign to increase awareness of the impact of entrepreneurs and those who support them; and,
- Providing Canadians with an offline and online resource to easily identify and connect with enterprise support, resources, opportunities and offerings to start and grow their ventures.
The Campaign is currently in pre-launch partnership building phase wherein enterprise support organizations from all sectors and regions offering support to entrepreneurs at any stage of their entrepreneurial journey are invited to become a partner in the campaign by completing the form found at: http ://startupcanada . wufoo . com/forms/startup-canada-partner-form/.
Now seven weeks into partnership-building phase, the StartUp Canada Campaign has grown to over 100 partners across Canada, with more than 30 new partners joining this month. New partners represent a diverse spectrum of enterprise support – e.g. the Canadian Venture Capital Association, the Canadian Association of Business Incubators, CATAlliance, ACCT Canada, the BC Innovation Council, Start Me Up Ryerson, Community Futures Saskatchewan, Impact, Centre for Social Innovation, and Young Social Entrepreneurs of Canada.
Partnership is free and in the softest sense involves endorsing the campaign and committing to mutual promotions; however, some partners do have more capacity to be more heavily involved in promoting, building and co-piloting the Campaign. The campaign is flexible and wishes to work with anyone and everyone who supports entrepreneurs in Canada. You can see a list of some current partners on the list below: http://www.startupcanadacampaign.org/?page_id=12
Leave a Comment »
Ontario Cross-border Technology Innovation Ecosystem Study
Are you a Founder, Advisor, Investor or Service Provider?
The study will help you understand how your network can better be utilized and grown to result in start-up funding success.
If you are or have advised, founded, consulted, invested in or provided a service to atleast one Ontario based technology/media start-up over the last five years, please fill out and share our survey: http://bit.ly/pQENCd.
A copy of the final report will be sent to you.
- Canada’s VC Blueprint: Review in Global Context with Olav Sorenson, Yale School of Management
- Coral CEA and the Digital Media Zone build on an ecosystem to expand Ontario’s software capabilities
- PricewaterhouseCoopers participation confirmed
- GrandBanks Capital participation confirmed
- FreshBooks participation confirmed
- RT @AlexOverwijk: Interested in spiralling your math course -join me and @MrSoclassroom tonight teachontario.ca/events/1417 #teachontario #tvo… 5 days ago
- RT @markrmcqueen: .@Shopify is trading above C$95, less than two years after its US$17/share #IPO. #Ottawa 1 week ago
- RT @gfearnall: Great momentum for @WaveHQ as they continue to simplify accounting for small business #BDCfintech. Valued partner of @OnDec… 2 weeks ago
- RT @PoolPartners: Join us on May 30-31 at the Deep Technology Exchange, connecting #cdntech to Chinese growth capital https://t.co/s1QvhIkN… 3 weeks ago
- RT @cdlingHQ: @N_Clermont @stephanecardin twitter.com/GuidoKerkhof/s… 4 weeks ago