Communitech participation confirmedAugust 17, 2011 at 5:53 pm | Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment
Tags: Accelorators, Angel Investors, Incubators, Innovation, Network Analysis, Ontario, Research, Social Media, Startups, Technology, VC
OCTIE welcomes the participation of Communitech.
Communitech is a not-for-profit organization that supports technology companies in Waterloo Region and promotes the area as a technology cluster. Their programs and events connect professionals, share ideas, and strengthen companies.
Communitech is a network of more than 800 companies and organizations that believe in building a strong tech cluster in Waterloo Region. Employees of network member companies can join peer groups and attend events for free or at a reduced cost.
Their network members include global organizations such as Research In Motion, OpenText and COM DEV. Equally important are their start-ups and fast-growing small enterprise and the many investors, service firms, educational institutions and governments that contribute to their growth.
They also champion innovation and collaboration on a provincial and national level. The newly-built Communitech Hub is a unique digital media ecosystem and one of many commercialization facilities that make up the Canadian Digital Media Network(CDMN), which they proudly steward. Located in Kitchener, Ontario, the Communitech Hub houses technology startups, splices innovation into enterprise, seeds partnerships, fuses digital media with venture capital and brings entrepreneurs, multinational companies and academic institutions together.
Today, Waterloo Region is of one North America’s pre-eminent technology clusters, and Communitech works hard to sustain and improve that position.
Communitech enjoys three areas of responsibility:
Primarily, they work to improve Waterloo Region’s cohesiveness, competitiveness and visibility as a world-class tech cluster. Secondly, they function as the implementation arm of the province of Ontario’s commercialization and economic development. Finally, they steward the Canadian Digital Media Network, an interconnected group of nodes that bridges the country’s commercialization gap by nurturing young digital media companies, interweaving regional resources and expertise and establishing Canada as a leader in the global digital economy.
Leave a Comment »
Ontario Cross-border Technology Innovation Ecosystem Study
Are you a Founder, Advisor, Investor or Service Provider?
The study will help you understand how your network can better be utilized and grown to result in start-up funding success.
If you are or have advised, founded, consulted, invested in or provided a service to atleast one Ontario based technology/media start-up over the last five years, please fill out and share our survey: http://bit.ly/pQENCd.
A copy of the final report will be sent to you.
- Canada’s VC Blueprint: Review in Global Context with Olav Sorenson, Yale School of Management
- Coral CEA and the Digital Media Zone build on an ecosystem to expand Ontario’s software capabilities
- PricewaterhouseCoopers participation confirmed
- GrandBanks Capital participation confirmed
- FreshBooks participation confirmed
- RT @AlexOverwijk: Interested in spiralling your math course -join me and @MrSoclassroom tonight teachontario.ca/events/1417 #teachontario #tvo… 5 days ago
- RT @markrmcqueen: .@Shopify is trading above C$95, less than two years after its US$17/share #IPO. #Ottawa 1 week ago
- RT @gfearnall: Great momentum for @WaveHQ as they continue to simplify accounting for small business #BDCfintech. Valued partner of @OnDec… 2 weeks ago
- RT @PoolPartners: Join us on May 30-31 at the Deep Technology Exchange, connecting #cdntech to Chinese growth capital https://t.co/s1QvhIkN… 3 weeks ago
- RT @cdlingHQ: @N_Clermont @stephanecardin twitter.com/GuidoKerkhof/s… 4 weeks ago