Rogers Ventures participation confirmedOctober 4, 2011 at 5:24 pm | Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment
Tags: Accelorators, Angel Investors, Incubators, Innovation, Network Analysis, Ontario, Research, Social Media, Startups, Technology, VC
OCTIE welcomes the participation of Rogers Ventures.
We could give you the standard boilerplate of how Rogers Ventures is a venture-style funding mechanism for startups and how it all came to be. The truth is for over 50 years Rogers Communication Inc. has always been passionate about technology and innovation.
Their founder, Ted Rogers, built the company on this very passion and belief. To this day it remains paramount. They are committed to investing in community-level initiatives that accelerate innovation. Just as important they invest in the thinker as much as the idea.
They believe that the startup community is on the cusp of something great, but needs the proper ecosystem where entrepreneurs can grow and succeed. Firstly, this ecosystem that will entice people to further explore their ideas and become entrepreneurs has to be developed. Rogers Ventures recognizes this and can help in accelerating and sustaining its growth.
They invest their money, their leverage and expertise to accelerate Rogers Ventures portfolio companies to success.
Their Headquarters, VentureBase, is their base of operation for spearheading technology startups to great success. A job they don’t take lightly requires a HQ that can act as a think tank and a comforting home. At VentureBase, they work with and nurture startups, and put their heads and energy together about how to improve the current innovation funnel.
VentureBase is an environment that fosters collaborative energy between Rogers Ventures and their portfolio companies and since they are growing as fast as their startups, it is the perfect environment for both to call home.
The team includes:
Melinda Rogers, Senior Vice-President of Strategy and Development – Rogers Communications
Mike Lee, Vice-President – Venture Investments
Jason Zan, Senior Director
Sean Evans, Director of Operations
Nyla Ahmed, Vice-President of Venture Operations & Strategic Partners
Melissa, VentureBase Coordinator
Leave a Comment »
Ontario Cross-border Technology Innovation Ecosystem Study
Are you a Founder, Advisor, Investor or Service Provider?
The study will help you understand how your network can better be utilized and grown to result in start-up funding success.
If you are or have advised, founded, consulted, invested in or provided a service to atleast one Ontario based technology/media start-up over the last five years, please fill out and share our survey: http://bit.ly/pQENCd.
A copy of the final report will be sent to you.
- Canada’s VC Blueprint: Review in Global Context with Olav Sorenson, Yale School of Management
- Coral CEA and the Digital Media Zone build on an ecosystem to expand Ontario’s software capabilities
- PricewaterhouseCoopers participation confirmed
- GrandBanks Capital participation confirmed
- FreshBooks participation confirmed
- RT @AlexOverwijk: Interested in spiralling your math course -join me and @MrSoclassroom tonight teachontario.ca/events/1417 #teachontario #tvo… 5 days ago
- RT @markrmcqueen: .@Shopify is trading above C$95, less than two years after its US$17/share #IPO. #Ottawa 1 week ago
- RT @gfearnall: Great momentum for @WaveHQ as they continue to simplify accounting for small business #BDCfintech. Valued partner of @OnDec… 2 weeks ago
- RT @PoolPartners: Join us on May 30-31 at the Deep Technology Exchange, connecting #cdntech to Chinese growth capital https://t.co/s1QvhIkN… 3 weeks ago
- RT @cdlingHQ: @N_Clermont @stephanecardin twitter.com/GuidoKerkhof/s… 4 weeks ago