Coral CEA participation confirmedOctober 6, 2011 at 4:11 pm | Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment
Tags: Accelorators, Angel Investors, Incubators, Innovation, Network Analysis, Ontario, Research, Social Media, Startups, Technology, VC
OCTIE welcomes the participation of Coral CEA.
Coral CEA is a not-for-profit open innovation network composed of member companies and organizations focused on the commercialization of Communications Enabled Applications (CEAs).
Coral CEA was founded by the Ministry of Research and Innovation (MRI), Carleton University, IBM, GENBAND, Eclipse and ITAC.
Their vision is to create sustainable companies and knowledge jobs in the global market for CEAs. Coral CEA supports members in the commercialization process of new CEA products and services. This includes business development, distribution and brokering of alliance and capital relationships.
Coral CEA Value Proposition
- For Solution Providers, Coral CEA reduces the time and cost of attracting, managing and growing a supplier network to deliver high-impact outcomes through the application of CEA Tools and Process Optimizations.
- Provide an open development environment that members can leverage to research, develop, and test new and innovative CEAs. This environment reduces the cost and time to market associated with CEA product development.
- Promote the open exchange of ideas and foster a culture of collaborative innovation and commercialization within membership.
- Provide commercialization support services to enable market delivery of CEAs.
Since receiving its first provincial funding Coral CEA has
- Partnered with 50 companies – nine of them brand new firms
- In August 2011 member firm Cliniconex Inc. of Ottawa launched its first product
- Helped create over 60 new software jobs in Ontario
- Invested $850,000 dollars in public sector funding
- Leveraged its public funding into a total of $30 million of in-kind services and cash from private sector member companies from start-ups to multinationals
The Board of Directors include:
Brian Forbes – Executive Director of Coral CEA
Lynda Leonard – Senior Vice President for the Information Technology Association of Canada
Robert White – Vice President, Mergers and Acquisitions in IBM’s Software Group
John McCready – Leader of Product Management at Genband
Peter Ricketts – Vice-President (Academic) and Provost at Carleton University
Mike Milinkovich – Executive Director of the Eclipse Foundation, Inc.
Leave a Comment »
Ontario Cross-border Technology Innovation Ecosystem Study
Are you a Founder, Advisor, Investor or Service Provider?
The study will help you understand how your network can better be utilized and grown to result in start-up funding success.
If you are or have advised, founded, consulted, invested in or provided a service to atleast one Ontario based technology/media start-up over the last five years, please fill out and share our survey: http://bit.ly/pQENCd.
A copy of the final report will be sent to you.
- Canada’s VC Blueprint: Review in Global Context with Olav Sorenson, Yale School of Management
- Coral CEA and the Digital Media Zone build on an ecosystem to expand Ontario’s software capabilities
- PricewaterhouseCoopers participation confirmed
- GrandBanks Capital participation confirmed
- FreshBooks participation confirmed
- RT @AlexOverwijk: Interested in spiralling your math course -join me and @MrSoclassroom tonight teachontario.ca/events/1417 #teachontario #tvo… 5 days ago
- RT @markrmcqueen: .@Shopify is trading above C$95, less than two years after its US$17/share #IPO. #Ottawa 1 week ago
- RT @gfearnall: Great momentum for @WaveHQ as they continue to simplify accounting for small business #BDCfintech. Valued partner of @OnDec… 2 weeks ago
- RT @PoolPartners: Join us on May 30-31 at the Deep Technology Exchange, connecting #cdntech to Chinese growth capital https://t.co/s1QvhIkN… 3 weeks ago
- RT @cdlingHQ: @N_Clermont @stephanecardin twitter.com/GuidoKerkhof/s… 4 weeks ago