Innovation Factory participation confirmedOctober 31, 2011 at 10:52 am | Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment
Tags: Accelorators, Angel Investors, Incubators, Innovation, Network Analysis, Ontario, Research, Social Media, Startups, Technology, VC
OCTIE welcomes the participation of Innovation Factory.
Innovation Factory (iF) is a not-for-profit Regional Innovation Centre (RIC), located in Hamilton, Ontario and networked across North America, committed to building the province’s innovation community and helping entrepreneurs bring their new and innovative ideas to marketplace. Funded by the Ontario Network of Excellence (ONE), they are focused on strengthening the next generation of wealth and jobs generators.
iF connects and enables active collaboration between the communities of science, business, government, academia and finance to accelerate the innovation process and amplify the economic and social impact of important new ideas and discoveries. Whether a small start-up company located in a garage or a multinational company that has been a part of the fabric of Hamilton or the surrounding area for a century, Innovation Factory can help bring innovations to life.
Offering a variety of programming and services – from multiple networking events each month to placing executives-in-residence with their high potential clients – they offer a comprehensive range of supporting activities for entrepreneurs. Their experienced advisors guide their clients every step of the way.
iF works with innovators in a range of sectors, including, but not limited to:
- Advanced manufacturing
- Advanced materials and engineering
- Information technology, communications and entertainment
- Life sciences and health care
- Social innovations
Innovation Factory hosts a number of programs for iF Members and the Hamilton Innovation Community throughout the year. Whether you want to participate actively in one of their workshops or Peer2Peer groups, offer your skills and knowledge as a volunteer mentor, or simply observe as a supportive community member at their public events, there is an opportunity for everyone to help companies in Hamilton start, grow, and succeed.
The iF team includes:
Ron Neumann – Executive Director
Keanin Loomis – Chief Advocate
Robin Hopper – Entrepreneur in Residence
Peter Smith – Executive in Residence
Stephanie Shuster – Creative Manager
Tammy Hwang – Experience Manager
Alexander DiBiase – Intake Coordinator
Leave a Comment »
Ontario Cross-border Technology Innovation Ecosystem Study
Are you a Founder, Advisor, Investor or Service Provider?
The study will help you understand how your network can better be utilized and grown to result in start-up funding success.
If you are or have advised, founded, consulted, invested in or provided a service to atleast one Ontario based technology/media start-up over the last five years, please fill out and share our survey: http://bit.ly/pQENCd.
A copy of the final report will be sent to you.
- Canada’s VC Blueprint: Review in Global Context with Olav Sorenson, Yale School of Management
- Coral CEA and the Digital Media Zone build on an ecosystem to expand Ontario’s software capabilities
- PricewaterhouseCoopers participation confirmed
- GrandBanks Capital participation confirmed
- FreshBooks participation confirmed
- RT @AlexOverwijk: Interested in spiralling your math course -join me and @MrSoclassroom tonight teachontario.ca/events/1417 #teachontario #tvo… 5 days ago
- RT @markrmcqueen: .@Shopify is trading above C$95, less than two years after its US$17/share #IPO. #Ottawa 1 week ago
- RT @gfearnall: Great momentum for @WaveHQ as they continue to simplify accounting for small business #BDCfintech. Valued partner of @OnDec… 2 weeks ago
- RT @PoolPartners: Join us on May 30-31 at the Deep Technology Exchange, connecting #cdntech to Chinese growth capital https://t.co/s1QvhIkN… 3 weeks ago
- RT @cdlingHQ: @N_Clermont @stephanecardin twitter.com/GuidoKerkhof/s… 4 weeks ago