gShift Labs participation confirmedNovember 8, 2011 at 1:15 pm | Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment
Tags: Accelorators, Angel Investors, Incubators, Innovation, Network Analysis, Ontario, Research, Social Media, Startups, Technology, VC
OCTIE welcomes the participation of gShift Labs Inc.
gShift Labs was founded by Krista LaRiviere and Chris Adams who are trail blazers in web marketing technology and experts in SEO having founded cgk Technologies Group (Professional Internet Services, 1999) and Hot Banana Software (marketing web content management, 2004). Both cgk and Hot Banana were acquired by Lyris Inc. in 2006.
Krista and Chris started gShift Labs because they understand organic search optimization has the reputation of being “black box” and an art rather than a science. After spending 10+ years delivering organic search services to clients they also understand the struggle a service provider goes through every month when attempting to deliver SEO results and reports to an end client. They also know that marketing professionals in small to mid-sized businesses often times don’t have control over their web presence or their organic ranking efforts. gShift Labs solves these problems.
The name “gShift” stands for two things. The marketing shift Google has created and the mind shift the software will create when marketers and agencies think of and perform organic search optimization.
gShift Labs was seed funded by Krista and Chris. The Investment Accelerator Fund through the Ontario Centres of Excellence and MaRS invested in gShift in April 2010 With follow on investment from GrowthWorks and FedDev IBI in May 2011.
The team also includes:
Jeff Jones – Senior Product Manager
Jeff Riddall – Client Success Manager
Danielle Carty – Director, Channel Sales
The Board of Directors include:
Jeffrey Fallowfield, Don Chapman, Jordan Dolgin and Sean G. Ryan are also on the advisory board.
Leave a Comment »
Ontario Cross-border Technology Innovation Ecosystem Study
Are you a Founder, Advisor, Investor or Service Provider?
The study will help you understand how your network can better be utilized and grown to result in start-up funding success.
If you are or have advised, founded, consulted, invested in or provided a service to atleast one Ontario based technology/media start-up over the last five years, please fill out and share our survey: http://bit.ly/pQENCd.
A copy of the final report will be sent to you.
- Canada’s VC Blueprint: Review in Global Context with Olav Sorenson, Yale School of Management
- Coral CEA and the Digital Media Zone build on an ecosystem to expand Ontario’s software capabilities
- PricewaterhouseCoopers participation confirmed
- GrandBanks Capital participation confirmed
- FreshBooks participation confirmed
- RT @AlexOverwijk: Interested in spiralling your math course -join me and @MrSoclassroom tonight teachontario.ca/events/1417 #teachontario #tvo… 5 days ago
- RT @markrmcqueen: .@Shopify is trading above C$95, less than two years after its US$17/share #IPO. #Ottawa 1 week ago
- RT @gfearnall: Great momentum for @WaveHQ as they continue to simplify accounting for small business #BDCfintech. Valued partner of @OnDec… 2 weeks ago
- RT @PoolPartners: Join us on May 30-31 at the Deep Technology Exchange, connecting #cdntech to Chinese growth capital https://t.co/s1QvhIkN… 3 weeks ago
- RT @cdlingHQ: @N_Clermont @stephanecardin twitter.com/GuidoKerkhof/s… 4 weeks ago