PlayFit Health participation confirmedNovember 8, 2011 at 1:34 pm | Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment
Tags: Accelorators, Angel Investors, Incubators, Innovation, Network Analysis, Ontario, Research, Social Media, Startups, Technology, VC
OCTIE welcomes the participation of PlayFit Health Inc.
Playfit Health is rewarding you for your healthy habits. Their mission is to provide that extra motivation needed to get out and exercise! They are launching a mobile app, Playfit Mobile, that rewards your physical activity with real-life rewards from brands who care about helping you live a healthy lifestyle. For businesses, they’re leveraging this same mobile technology to create new social corporate wellness challenges which are actually fun for employees while driving the bottom line and reducing costs associated with physical inactivity.
Playfit strives to build a healthier and happier communities by tackling the problem of motivation to exercise. As a cross-platform mobile application, Playfit Mobile instills the motivation in you to exercise by rewarding you for your physical activity. Walk, run or bike your way to rewards, discounts, and special offers!
Playfit was started through The Next 36 entrepreneurship program in early 2011. The team at Playfit is made up of a mix of engineering know-how from the University of Waterloo and the University of Toronto fused with an avid road cyclist, a national team athlete and outdoors guru. They are funded by Anthony Lacavera, Chairman and CEO of WIND Mobile.
Their team includes:
Michael Del Balso, Co-Founder
Stephen Lake, Co-Founder
Aaron Grant, CTO
Jason Farris, Mentor
Anthony Lacavera, Investor
Leave a Comment »
Ontario Cross-border Technology Innovation Ecosystem Study
Are you a Founder, Advisor, Investor or Service Provider?
The study will help you understand how your network can better be utilized and grown to result in start-up funding success.
If you are or have advised, founded, consulted, invested in or provided a service to atleast one Ontario based technology/media start-up over the last five years, please fill out and share our survey: http://bit.ly/pQENCd.
A copy of the final report will be sent to you.
- Canada’s VC Blueprint: Review in Global Context with Olav Sorenson, Yale School of Management
- Coral CEA and the Digital Media Zone build on an ecosystem to expand Ontario’s software capabilities
- PricewaterhouseCoopers participation confirmed
- GrandBanks Capital participation confirmed
- FreshBooks participation confirmed
- RT @AlexOverwijk: Interested in spiralling your math course -join me and @MrSoclassroom tonight teachontario.ca/events/1417 #teachontario #tvo… 5 days ago
- RT @markrmcqueen: .@Shopify is trading above C$95, less than two years after its US$17/share #IPO. #Ottawa 1 week ago
- RT @gfearnall: Great momentum for @WaveHQ as they continue to simplify accounting for small business #BDCfintech. Valued partner of @OnDec… 2 weeks ago
- RT @PoolPartners: Join us on May 30-31 at the Deep Technology Exchange, connecting #cdntech to Chinese growth capital https://t.co/s1QvhIkN… 3 weeks ago
- RT @cdlingHQ: @N_Clermont @stephanecardin twitter.com/GuidoKerkhof/s… 4 weeks ago