Upverter participation confirmedNovember 8, 2011 at 1:50 pm | Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment
Tags: Accelorators, Angel Investors, Incubators, Innovation, Network Analysis, Ontario, Research, Social Media, Startups, Technology, VC
OCTIE welcomes the participation of Upverter.
Upverter is building browser-based electronic design tools focused on collaboration and usability.
They’re trying to fix hardware and they’re starting with making it really easy to extend the limits of mobile devices. They’re trying to make it easy to collaborate, easy to build, and easy to share. Their mission is to make it easier to share, collaborate, and get that idea in your head into a schematic without using a napkin or Microsoft paint. They’re helping to build the tools and the lego blocks to snap together hardware. And there is going to be an incredible revolution in hardware and mobile as a result.
Specifically Upverter is building web-based, collaborative schematic capture and PCB layout software aimed at hobbyists, students and the open source hardware community. Leveraging these tools they are also building a site for sharing, forking, and collaborating on electronics designs.
A good analogy is github like sharing for circuits + a web-based IDE for better design and collaboration.
The team includes:
Zak Homuth – Founder & CEO
Stephen Hammer – Founder & CTO
Michael Woodworth – Founder & CIO
Jaco Joubert – Lead Designer
Leave a Comment »
Ontario Cross-border Technology Innovation Ecosystem Study
Are you a Founder, Advisor, Investor or Service Provider?
The study will help you understand how your network can better be utilized and grown to result in start-up funding success.
If you are or have advised, founded, consulted, invested in or provided a service to atleast one Ontario based technology/media start-up over the last five years, please fill out and share our survey: http://bit.ly/pQENCd.
A copy of the final report will be sent to you.
- Canada’s VC Blueprint: Review in Global Context with Olav Sorenson, Yale School of Management
- Coral CEA and the Digital Media Zone build on an ecosystem to expand Ontario’s software capabilities
- PricewaterhouseCoopers participation confirmed
- GrandBanks Capital participation confirmed
- FreshBooks participation confirmed
- RT @AlexOverwijk: Interested in spiralling your math course -join me and @MrSoclassroom tonight teachontario.ca/events/1417 #teachontario #tvo… 5 days ago
- RT @markrmcqueen: .@Shopify is trading above C$95, less than two years after its US$17/share #IPO. #Ottawa 1 week ago
- RT @gfearnall: Great momentum for @WaveHQ as they continue to simplify accounting for small business #BDCfintech. Valued partner of @OnDec… 2 weeks ago
- RT @PoolPartners: Join us on May 30-31 at the Deep Technology Exchange, connecting #cdntech to Chinese growth capital https://t.co/s1QvhIkN… 3 weeks ago
- RT @cdlingHQ: @N_Clermont @stephanecardin twitter.com/GuidoKerkhof/s… 4 weeks ago