GooseChase participation confirmedNovember 15, 2011 at 11:21 am | Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment
Tags: Accelorators, Angel Investors, Incubators, Innovation, Network Analysis, Ontario, Research, Social Media, Startups, Technology, VC
OCTIE welcomes the participation of GooseChase.
GooseChase was founded in early 2011 in Waterloo, Canada. Their story unfolds:
- Living at the VeloCity entrepreneurship incubator at the University of Waterloo in early 2011, two students, Andrew and Max, came to three independent revelations:
- 1. Scavenger hunts are simply awesome and are curiously empowering;
- 2. Today’s team building activities are boring and outdated;
- 3. Mobile technology has the potential to disrupt entire industries.
- Formed on these three pillars, GooseChase sprang to life as a mobile-enabled team building venture. The door was wide open for a fun and innovative approach to team building that didn’t break the bank.
- Three additions were made to the team: Jonathan, Sergei, and Quinn. These are the rock star developers driving their technology. Their core group was set.
- In terms of funding, the decision was made to bootstrap GooseChase through growth stages as a self-financed venture, at least for the time being.
- In May 2011, new office space was acquired at the Communitech Hub in Kitchener, Canada. As one of the worlds largest entrepreneurial incubators, it’s a great spot for GooseChase.
- Their first live hunts were hosted in June 2011. Today, they are making a strong push to get their product in the hands of users!
The GooseChase team includes:
Andrew Cross, CEO
Sergei Bezborodko, Software Developer
Jonathon Wong, Server/Systems Developer
Max Spear, Advisor in Business Development
Quinn Battersby, Advisor in Graphic Design
Leave a Comment »
Ontario Cross-border Technology Innovation Ecosystem Study
Are you a Founder, Advisor, Investor or Service Provider?
The study will help you understand how your network can better be utilized and grown to result in start-up funding success.
If you are or have advised, founded, consulted, invested in or provided a service to atleast one Ontario based technology/media start-up over the last five years, please fill out and share our survey: http://bit.ly/pQENCd.
A copy of the final report will be sent to you.
- Canada’s VC Blueprint: Review in Global Context with Olav Sorenson, Yale School of Management
- Coral CEA and the Digital Media Zone build on an ecosystem to expand Ontario’s software capabilities
- PricewaterhouseCoopers participation confirmed
- GrandBanks Capital participation confirmed
- FreshBooks participation confirmed
- RT @AlexOverwijk: Interested in spiralling your math course -join me and @MrSoclassroom tonight teachontario.ca/events/1417 #teachontario #tvo… 5 days ago
- RT @markrmcqueen: .@Shopify is trading above C$95, less than two years after its US$17/share #IPO. #Ottawa 1 week ago
- RT @gfearnall: Great momentum for @WaveHQ as they continue to simplify accounting for small business #BDCfintech. Valued partner of @OnDec… 2 weeks ago
- RT @PoolPartners: Join us on May 30-31 at the Deep Technology Exchange, connecting #cdntech to Chinese growth capital https://t.co/s1QvhIkN… 3 weeks ago
- RT @cdlingHQ: @N_Clermont @stephanecardin twitter.com/GuidoKerkhof/s… 4 weeks ago