GrowthWorks participation confirmedDecember 5, 2011 at 1:30 am | Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment
Tags: Accelorators, Angel Investors, Incubators, Innovation, Network Analysis, Ontario, Research, Social Media, Startups, Technology, VC
OCTIE welcomes the participation of GrowthWorks.
GrowthWorks is a recognized leader in the Canadian venture capital industry, specializing in the management and growth of regionally based venture capital funds. GrowthWorks has combined assets under management of more than $800 million.
Invest in their experience
GrowthWorks offers you more: more accountability, more experience and more proven know-how to make the most of your investment.
A principled approach to adding value
Over the last 19 years, they’ve built GrowthWorks into one of Canada’s leading venture capital management companies. They’ve done that by managing funds that rigorously follow core principles: structure strategic investments in growth-oriented companies, value portfolio assets conservatively, build vital industry connections and minimize risk through diversification. It’s a simple formula that delivers powerful results.
Regional know-how. National Reach
At GrowthWorks, they offer regionally based retail venture capital funds (RVCs) right across Canada.
GrowthWorks specializes in the management of and growth of regionally based venture capital funds and has assets under management of approximately $480 million. The funds under management include the following RVCs: Working Opportunity Fund, GrowthWorks Canadian Fund, GrowthWorks Commercialization Fund and GrowthWorks Atlantic Venture Fund.
Partners in performance
They have specialized teams in each of their core sectors to identify and structure investments in potential winners. These skilled teams also help create success by helping the companies that GrowthWorks managed funds invest in to grow with strategic management support and advice. This way, the companies get guidance from experienced leaders. In turn, the funds’ investors know that these companies receive direction to help them thrive.
The Senior Management team includes:
David Levi – President & CEO
Thomas J. Hayes – President & CEO of GrowthWorks Atlantic Ltd.
David Balsdon – COO
Clint Matthews – CFO
Tim Lee – CIO, Venture Capital
Jim Charleton – Senior VP Investment, British Columbia
Debbie Gray – Senior VP, National Sales & Marketing
Pia Collins – Senior VP, Human Resources
Leave a Comment »
Ontario Cross-border Technology Innovation Ecosystem Study
Are you a Founder, Advisor, Investor or Service Provider?
The study will help you understand how your network can better be utilized and grown to result in start-up funding success.
If you are or have advised, founded, consulted, invested in or provided a service to atleast one Ontario based technology/media start-up over the last five years, please fill out and share our survey: http://bit.ly/pQENCd.
A copy of the final report will be sent to you.
- Canada’s VC Blueprint: Review in Global Context with Olav Sorenson, Yale School of Management
- Coral CEA and the Digital Media Zone build on an ecosystem to expand Ontario’s software capabilities
- PricewaterhouseCoopers participation confirmed
- GrandBanks Capital participation confirmed
- FreshBooks participation confirmed
- RT @fredwilson: Fred Wilson, Joanna Wilson, Amy Batchelor and Brad Field are matching all donations made to the NILC up to $20,000 https://… 2 days ago
- RT @chrishogg: "Diversity isn't a vanity metric. It's valuable for any business looking to scale globally." Great post @allenlau https://t.… 2 days ago
- RT @tobi: Shopify's 2016: shopify.com/2016 1 week ago
- RT @thecreativeindp: David Byrne on not being afraid to fail indp.co/2iLJchJ https://t.co/It7pbKRnJE 1 month ago
- RT @bholly: There are no words... a horrible tragedy made worse by timing. I knew Geoff from #YYZtech ow.ly/Zpct307sqKw & https://t.c… 2 months ago