HomeStars participation confirmedDecember 5, 2011 at 12:37 am | Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment
Tags: Accelorators, Angel Investors, Incubators, Innovation, Network Analysis, Ontario, Research, Social Media, Startups, Technology, VC
OCTIE welcomes the participation of HomeStars.
HomeStars.com is a growing online community of homeowners and home improvement companies throughout Canada and the U.S.
HomeStars offers a free service for homeowners to find reputable renovators, repairmen and retailers by searching its database of almost 2 million companies. Homeowners write reviews based on their home improvement experiences – both good and bad. This builds a collective knowledge base that is invaluable in helping homeowners make better decisions on whom to hire. Our forum allows homeowners to dialogue with each other, ask questions, help others and tell their stories.
Reputation matters. Companies see the value in this feedback, and proactively respond to reviews written about them as well as participate in the issues and discussions homeowners are struggling with.
The team includes:
Nancy Peterson, Co-Founder
Andrew Goodman, Co-Founder
Leave a Comment »
Ontario Cross-border Technology Innovation Ecosystem Study
Are you a Founder, Advisor, Investor or Service Provider?
The study will help you understand how your network can better be utilized and grown to result in start-up funding success.
If you are or have advised, founded, consulted, invested in or provided a service to atleast one Ontario based technology/media start-up over the last five years, please fill out and share our survey: http://bit.ly/pQENCd.
A copy of the final report will be sent to you.
- Canada’s VC Blueprint: Review in Global Context with Olav Sorenson, Yale School of Management
- Coral CEA and the Digital Media Zone build on an ecosystem to expand Ontario’s software capabilities
- PricewaterhouseCoopers participation confirmed
- GrandBanks Capital participation confirmed
- FreshBooks participation confirmed
- RT @fredwilson: Fred Wilson, Joanna Wilson, Amy Batchelor and Brad Field are matching all donations made to the NILC up to $20,000 https://… 2 days ago
- RT @chrishogg: "Diversity isn't a vanity metric. It's valuable for any business looking to scale globally." Great post @allenlau https://t.… 2 days ago
- RT @tobi: Shopify's 2016: shopify.com/2016 1 week ago
- RT @thecreativeindp: David Byrne on not being afraid to fail indp.co/2iLJchJ https://t.co/It7pbKRnJE 1 month ago
- RT @bholly: There are no words... a horrible tragedy made worse by timing. I knew Geoff from #YYZtech ow.ly/Zpct307sqKw & https://t.c… 2 months ago