GrandBanks Capital participation confirmedDecember 21, 2011 at 3:48 pm | Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment
Tags: Accelorators, Angel Investors, Incubators, Innovation, Network Analysis, Ontario, Research, Social Media, Startups, Technology, VC
OCTIE welcomes the participation of GrandBanks Capital.
GrandBanks Capital partners with entrepreneurs to create and build dominant, market-leading companies through their established experience set, operating expertise and insight, and extensive top-level industry relationships.
Understanding the challenges that arise when building a world-class company, GrandBanks Capital guides entrepreneurs in the direction of market leadership by utilizing the team’s early-stage investing experience and broad network of contacts through some of the fastest growing industry sectors. These markets include Internet infrastructure, software and software services, security and storage applications, media technologies and services, financial technologies and services, and wireless technologies and services.
The GrandBanks team and its partners collectively have more than 100 years of venture capital investing and senior operating experience, a proof point to their insight and expertise that helps entrepreneurs build the next wave of premier companies in emerging markets. Comprised of recognized business builders within targeted investment sectors, the investment team possesses a sought after reputation within the venture capital community for actively building successful companies.
Recognizing new technologies with the potential for significant impact, GrandBanks Capital team members and partners have been lead investors and senior executives for some of the most successful companies in their respective sectors, including Yahoo!, E*Trade, Art Technology Group, GEAC, GeoCities, Multex Systems, 1800Flowers.com, GSI Commerce, SOFTBANK, EMC Corporation, Thomson Financial, First Call, CCBN, Lycos, The Learning Company, and Phoenix Technologies LTD.
GrandBanks Capital also has an extensive network that they put to work for their portfolio companies – executives and recruiters to assist in hiring, other top-tier venture firms as co-investors, senior partners in major legal, accounting and investment banking firms, and business contacts at the highest level throughout the industry.
The team includes:
Charles R. Lax, Managing General Partner
Tim Wright, General Partner
Jeffrey P. Parker, Partner
JJ Healy, Venture Partner
Raymond H. Edelman, Administrative Partner
Alden Reid, Associate
Leave a Comment »
Ontario Cross-border Technology Innovation Ecosystem Study
Are you a Founder, Advisor, Investor or Service Provider?
The study will help you understand how your network can better be utilized and grown to result in start-up funding success.
If you are or have advised, founded, consulted, invested in or provided a service to atleast one Ontario based technology/media start-up over the last five years, please fill out and share our survey: http://bit.ly/pQENCd.
A copy of the final report will be sent to you.
- Canada’s VC Blueprint: Review in Global Context with Olav Sorenson, Yale School of Management
- Coral CEA and the Digital Media Zone build on an ecosystem to expand Ontario’s software capabilities
- PricewaterhouseCoopers participation confirmed
- GrandBanks Capital participation confirmed
- FreshBooks participation confirmed
- RT @fredwilson: Fred Wilson, Joanna Wilson, Amy Batchelor and Brad Field are matching all donations made to the NILC up to $20,000 https://… 2 days ago
- RT @chrishogg: "Diversity isn't a vanity metric. It's valuable for any business looking to scale globally." Great post @allenlau https://t.… 2 days ago
- RT @tobi: Shopify's 2016: shopify.com/2016 1 week ago
- RT @thecreativeindp: David Byrne on not being afraid to fail indp.co/2iLJchJ https://t.co/It7pbKRnJE 1 month ago
- RT @bholly: There are no words... a horrible tragedy made worse by timing. I knew Geoff from #YYZtech ow.ly/Zpct307sqKw & https://t.c… 2 months ago