PricewaterhouseCoopers participation confirmedDecember 21, 2011 at 4:19 pm | Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment
Tags: Accelorators, Angel Investors, Incubators, Innovation, Network Analysis, Ontario, Research, Social Media, Startups, Technology, VC
OCTIE welcomes the participation of PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) LLP, Canada.
PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) LLP, Canada, is a member firm of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited and is one of the “big four” accounting firms.
Their 5,200 partners and staff in 23 locations across the country provide industry-focused assurance, advisory and tax services for public, private and government clients in all markets.
Their Canadian Executive Team is led by Bill McFarland CEO and Canadian Senior Partner.
As a leading Canadian organization with clients and offices across the country, the support of their business depends on in-house staff with specialized skills in the following areas:
- Administrative Support
- Finance and Accounting
- Human Resources/Learning and Education
- Information Technology
- Legal Services
- Marketing and Communications/Knowledge Management
They help business solve problems by providing an extensive selection of services. Services are divided into four areas (Audit and Assurance, Consulting, Deals and Tax) and supported by their Internal Firm Services group.
Their Consulting and Deals practices provide advice and assistance based on their financial, analytical and business process skills to enhance the performance of companies of all sizes. They provide services relating to:
- Creating, acquiring and financing businesses
- Integrating strategic goals into current operations
- Improving management and control
- Dealing with crises
- Restructuring and realizing value
PwC offers Audit and Assurance services focused on the specific needs of their clients. They support them so they can provide quality information to the capital markets and their other stakeholders. They offer services including:
- Year-end audits
- Quarterly reviews
- Financial accounting advice
- Regulatory compliance assurance for meeting legislation such as the Sarbanes-Oxley Act
PwC’s Tax Services professionals work with clients to find and manage their tax opportunities. Every business transaction that their clients make — domestic or international — has direct or indirect tax consequences.
With thanks to Chris Bodnar.
Leave a Comment »
Ontario Cross-border Technology Innovation Ecosystem Study
Are you a Founder, Advisor, Investor or Service Provider?
The study will help you understand how your network can better be utilized and grown to result in start-up funding success.
If you are or have advised, founded, consulted, invested in or provided a service to atleast one Ontario based technology/media start-up over the last five years, please fill out and share our survey: http://bit.ly/pQENCd.
A copy of the final report will be sent to you.
- Canada’s VC Blueprint: Review in Global Context with Olav Sorenson, Yale School of Management
- Coral CEA and the Digital Media Zone build on an ecosystem to expand Ontario’s software capabilities
- PricewaterhouseCoopers participation confirmed
- GrandBanks Capital participation confirmed
- FreshBooks participation confirmed
- RT @michaellitt: Very proud that @vidyard was featured in #Budget2017 twitter.com/vidyard/status… 17 hours ago
- RT @queensuResearch: The positive and negative of Big Data queensu.ca/gazette/storie… via @queensu 17 hours ago
- RT @cdlingHQ: A game to increase engagement in emergence. This is culture. @N_Clermont @stephanecardin #innovationagenda #deliverology http… 3 days ago
- Pls RT! twitter.com/MichaelCayley/… 1 week ago
- Memetics as warfare. twitter.com/redesign/statu… 2 weeks ago